We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
Blue Heron Mall,
1500 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1H 7Z1
Phone: (613) 521-7333
Fax: (613) 521-7333
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Wood Thrush, Hooded Mergansers, Gray Catbird, Swallows and Chipping Sparrows depart.
• Watch for migrating hawks and Turkey Vultures.
• Juncos and White-throated Sparrows become common at feeders.
• Blackbird flocks number in the thousands as grackles, cowbirds and redwings migrate.
• Milkweed pods burst open, spreading their fluffy seeded parachutes.
• Autumn colors peak mid-month.
• Chipmunks start hibernating in underground burrows.
• American Tree Sparrows return to feeders late this month.
• Most Wood Ducks migrate south this month. A few stay to over winter.
• Waterfowl migration peaks during October.
• Beavers are very active in the evenings while caching a winter supply of food.
• American Goldfinches can be seen feeding on catkins of birch trees.