We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
Blue Heron Mall,
1500 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1H 7Z1
Phone: (613) 521-7333
Fax: (613) 521-7333
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Courtship activities begin for Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
• Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, nuthatches, Juncos, Cardinals, Blue Jays and Downy Woodpecker begin their egg-laying activities.
• Broad-winged and Sharp-shinned Hawk migration at its peak early in month.
• Pink Lady Slippers, Painted Trillium, and Bunchberry are in bloom.
• Northern Mockingbirds can be heard singing through the night into early summer.
• Moose calves are born late this month and into June.
• Gray Catbirds arrive.
• Painted and Snapping Turtles are moving to dry land to lay their eggs; look for them crossing roads.
• Baltimore Orioles return early this month.
• Peak of bird courtship. Listen for the morning chorus.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.