We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
Blue Heron Mall,
1500 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1H 7Z1
Phone: (613) 521-7333
Fax: (613) 521-7333
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Joe-Pye Weed, Canada Lily, bee-balm, coneflower, Daylilies and Sarsaparilla are in bloom.
• Blueberry and raspberry picking season starts mid-month.
• Fireflies become abundant this month in some locations.
• Katydids start calling late in the month.
• Praying Mantis begin appearing in the yard.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into “eclipse” plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Fawns begin traveling with adult females.
• Butterfly milkweed in bloom – look for Monarch butterfly adults, eggs and larva.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.