We are proud to support the 'Lead Fishing Tackle Buy Back & Exchange' initiative coordinated by the Wolfe Lake Association.
Did You Know?
- Many of our fishing tackle contains lead, a neuro-toxin that is fatal to loons & other aquatic birds.
- It only takes one small piece of lead to kill an adult loon!
- Bald eagles are poisoned when they eat dead or dying fish with broken line and lead tackle attached.
- In addition to aquatic birds, lead endangers mammals, amphibians, reptiles & songbirds too.
- Lead poisoning is a preventable tragedy - and together, we can make positive change!